This daisy leather wrap bracelet is the newest addition to my collection of leather bracelets. I love the look of metal embellishments on leather, so was really excited when I discovered these metal brass daisy eyelets.
This is a fun and easy to make leather bracelet that would look great in many colours.
What you need for this project
- strap of veg tanned leather, about 40 cm (15.5 in) long,
- edge beveler -to round off the edges of the cut leather (optional)
- edge slicker – to burnish the cut edges of the leather
- impact absorbent poly cutting board
- leather dye
- leather finish – I use a 100 % natural leather finish based on beeswax, carnauba wax and essential oils
- flower eyelet set
- Sam Brown studs for a closure
- strap cutter (optional) or metal ruler and utility knife
How to make the daisy leather wrap bracelet
Step 1: Determine how long and how wide you want your bracelet to be, mine wraps around twice, it’s 40 cm long and 1.5 cm wide.
Step 2: Cut your strap using either a strap cutter or cut it along a metal ruler using a sharp utility knife.
Step 3: Edge finish the strap using the edge beveler and edge slicker to get a smooth and shiny edge.
Step 4: Dye the strap and let it dry. Then apply some bees wax or leather finish of your choice. This will enhance the natural beauty of the leather and protect it from the elements.
Step 5: Now mark the location of the daisies, mine are 4 cm apart. Attach the daisies with the setting tools, the eBay shop selling the set has a video showing how to do this.
Step 6: Finally, attach the sam brown studs for a closure, I used 2 and fitted them about 3 cm apart.
Here is the eBay shop selling the flower eyelet set.
Follow me on Instagram for more leather craft inspiration!